Monday 20 June 2011

Always think five moves ahead

Photo credit: celebritybeautybuzz.com



Today was Father's day in America....different countries have Father's day on a different day? YES. If that is not what you were thinking when you found out, then you are a lot smarter than me! To commemorate the day, Heidi Klum told a story on her AOL website about the best thing she ever learnt from her father and still uses to this day. Heidi said her father taught her how to play chess when she was a girl, and told her to apply what she learnt from the game in her everyday life:

"From an early age he always played chess with me, and I feel like playing chess with him and always learning to think two, three, four, or five steps ahead has really helped me in business. I don't just think about the next step, I think about five steps ahead." 

That is definitely savvy advice! My dad told me he only wishes I had heard that advice before, and thought four or five moves ahead before I bought that now broken down bomb of a car, of mine!.... Dads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment